wear: 2014 Met Gala Red Carpet
Last night, hundreds of famous fashion icons descended upon the red carpeted steps of the Metropolitan Museum of Art to celebrate its newest exhibit featuring American couture designer Charles James at the annual Costume Institute Gala. James is known for voluminous gowns, but expect for a few Zac Posen and Marchesa gowns, not many celebrities paid obvious homage to the late designers, but there were some spectacular gowns on the red carpet. Here are 20 of my favorites (Brace yourself.)
- Blake Lively made a rare red carpet appearance with her husband, Ryan Reynolds, who were both decked out in Gucci. I loved the tulle cape/train along with her old Hollywood glamour waves.
- Lively’s former “Gossip Girl” costar, Leighton Meester made an appearance on the red carpet sans her new husband, Adam Brody, wearing Emilio Pucci.
- Beyonce looked gorgeous in a mostly black see-through Givenchy gown topped with a veil reminiscent of the one Jennifer Lawrence wore last year.
- I’ve been loving Nicole Richie’s newly dyed lavender hair and her silver Donna Karan gown complemented it beautifully.
- Rihanna showed of her abs in this two-piece Stella McCartney and the back is to die for.
- Anne Hathway looked gorgeous in her two piece Calvin Klein.
- Lupita N’yongo wore a fresh interpretation of the flapper dress with her Prada fishnet gown.
- Lily Aldridge looked regal in silver Michael Kors
- Ashley Olsen and Mary-Kate Olsen wore vintage Ferre and Chanel long-sleeved dresses.
- Suki Waterhouse looked lovely in a ruffled cream tulle Burberry gown.
- Rachel McAdams refuses to age and looks gorgeous in a simple strapless Ralph Lauren gown.
- Emma Stone looked beautiful in a two-toned two piece Thakoon outfit.
- Kate Bosworth channeled Gwenyth Paltrow’s Oscar winning look in her custom made Stella McCartney
- Reese Witherspoon also looked beautiful in her pink Stella McCartney gown.
- Amy Adams can do know wrong and she looked effortlessly stunning in Oscar de la Renta
- Diane Kruger continues to be loyal to designer Jason Wu, wearing his line for Hugo Boss on the red carpet.
- Naomi Watts continues her red carpet winning streak in this gradient Givenchy gown.
- Anna Kendrick loved great in J. Mendel. I wish she had worn this gown to the Oscars instead, she would have been on all the best dressed lists.
- Finally, one of the few celebrities to follow the dress code, Hailee Steinfield looked amazing in Prabal Gurung. And how amazing do her brows look?
More of the Met Gala red carpet looks can be found here. What were your favorites of the night?
Photo Credit: justjared.com