wear: Designs from Fall 2014 New York Fashion Week Part 1
Yesterday, New York Fashion Week officially began and if the fall 2014 opening runway shows were any indication of what is to come, I cannot wait. Here are some of my favorite runway looks from the inaugural day:
- What I love about Fashion Week is the chance to learn about up and coming designers and Tome is falls into that category. There were so many amazing looks to choose from this line, but this white cocktail dress was one of my favorites. I loved the mix of fabrics and textures. It was a total standout for me and I look forward to seeing more from this line.
- I love how the fashion world continues to test the interpretation of feminine inspired menswear. I love Tocca’s fun take on the vest with a slight peplum hem.
- Red is a color that always makes a statement and this look from Marissa Webb made a major one. I was a huge fan of her spring 2014 looks and this show did not disappoint
- If you can look at the olive colored, jewel tone pants that Costello Tagliapietra sent down the runway without feeling lust, there might be something wrong with you.
- Tadashi Shoji is known for creating gowns that women of all shapes, sizes, and colors can wear. One of my favorite looks for his runway show was this delicate lace/knit dress that would most likely be a head turner in any situation.
What was your favorite look from yesterday’s show?
Photo Credit: style.com