A Year in Review – Film and Television
It was a great year for film and television this year. A plethora of amazing movies have come out year round, making the annual Academy Awards an extremely tight race. Old favorites returned to the small screen, while others took their final bows (RIP “Breaking Bad” and “Dexter”). Companies started to take notice of the various ways Here are some of my favorite watches of the year:
- HER– If the trailer isn’t enough to make you want to see this film, the cast and the fact that Spike Jonze wrote and directed it should do it.
- About Time-It’s from the creator of “Love Actually”. Enough said.
- Orange is the New Black– A multicultural cast, amazingly writing, great performances, and the perfect mix of drama and comedy. Best new show of the year.
- The Intouchables-When a movie can take a heartbreaking challenge and find humor in it, it’s a winner in my book.
- American Horror Story: Coven-Probably the best season of this anthology show. Angela Basset, Emma Roberts, and Gabourey Sidibe have the best lines.
- House of Cards-Love me some DC shows. After “Scandal”, this is one of my favorite shows dealing with the nation’s capital. A dark, witty drama that is perfect for binge watching.