A Year in Review – Music
2013 was the year where some of music’s biggest superstars released new music. Taylor Swift, Beyoncé , Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, Justin Timberlake, Beyoncé, Beyoncé, and Beyoncé come to mind when it comes to some of the year’s biggest releases (Beyoncé’s self titled album was so big, it needed to be mentioned 5 times). Along with these brought along some new musicians that are bound 2 be even bigger in 2014. Just thought I would suggest:
- HAIM: The female family rock group reminded me why I love indie music.
- Iggy Azalea: Her song, “Work” is a Monday morning anthem.
- The Great Gatsby: Some of my favorite artists singing songs with a 1920s flare? I’m sold.
- Macklemore & Lewis: It’s a while since I’ve heard rap music with a message. Macklemore & Lewis change the conversation about what rap music has to be about.
- The Weeknd: This artist is probably the most innovative artist in his genre, has the smoothest, sexiest voice around, and it doesn’t hurt that he’s extremely handsome.
- Justin Timberlake: Boy, I have missed this man. He definitely made up for his absence this year with 20 new songs.